opening to healing, transformation, wholeness
After 14 years serving in business and leadership coaching roles, Kathi stepped away to focus where she felt God leading – with a longing to cultivate community where others grow toward transformative wholeness in Christ together. She was initially mentored as a spiritual companion/director by Dr. Larry Crabb and is currently mentored by Adele Calhoun, Spiritual Formation Pastor. She completed a Masters in Counseling at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, with in depth training in trauma recovery and healing troubled relationships. Drawn to the body’s role in healing and wholeness, she became certified as a personal trainer and yoga instructor. Kathi is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Associate (LCMHCA) in NC. She’s been married for 25 years and is graced with a 11 year old son.
Kathi’s passion is connecting with individuals and couples where they are – and helping them move toward experiencing greater wholeness and inner rest.
- spiritual directionA spiritual director is a companion – with intentional experience attending to his/her own spiritual journey – listening prayerfully and deeply to your story with a focus of increasing your awareness and experience of God in your life. Fruit of this experience is a more intimate and integrated relationship with God.
Kathi walks with those who follow Christ. She also values walking with those who are still discovering their spiritual focus. As desired, she walks with you to explore how your relationships and experiences have affected your view and experience of God.
- wellness coaching
bringing these together for clients as desired. She especially loves guiding small group trainings and retreats – valuing how the Lord uses everyone present to minister to one another.
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Associate (LCMHCA) in North Carolina
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, MA Christian Counseling
- Enneagram for Spiritual Directors Certification (Doug and Adele Calhoun, Spiritual Formation Pastors)
- School of Spiritual Direction (Dr. Larry Crabb, Christ-centered Psychologist)
- NEXT STEP School of Spiritual Direction (Dr. Larry Crabb)
- The Barnabas Center Counseling Model Training
- Registered Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance (RYT 200)
- Certified Fitness Trainer (CFT), International Sports Sciences Association
- NICABM – Next Level Practitioner – advanced professional education on mental, emotional + physical health integration
- Certified Prepare/Enrich Facilitator – couples’ relationship assessment and counseling approach
- Florida State University, MS Student Development
- University of Tennessee, BS Accounting
- Vine Counseling, Therapist
- Pfeiffer University, Personal Growth Counselor for Therapy Students
- Carolina Sweat, Wellness Coach
- Forest Hill Care & Counseling Center, Intern Counselor
- Bank of America, SVP, Leadership Development Manager
- Accenture, Manager, Organization Development Consulting
- First Union, Human Resources Generalist
- Florida State University, Assistant Director of Student Orientation
- KPMG Peat Marwick, CPA
Counseling gives you space to slow and consider your story, how you've been shaped by your experiences (recent or past) - and where you are now. This can help you see more fully - and help you discern what's next. Kathi walks with adults, and couples. She has experience helping others...
- emerge through grief after loss
- discover roots of, manage, and resolve stress, anxiety, depression
- heal troubled relationships, including those impacted by betrayal, addiction, abuse, narcissistic personality
- restore wholeness after trauma (recent or past, including childhood)
- prepare for realities of marriage (pre-marital counseling)
- heal, strengthen marriages
- recover after affair, divorce
- grow through life-stage transitions
- make significant decisions
- feel known in and emerge through loneliness
- discover rest, fulfillment in living as a single
- grieve, heal and discern path with infertility, miscarriage
- adjust well as a family when adopting a child
- discern well through challenges in parenting
- adjust well to caring for children with developmental challenges
- adjust when impacted by disability - self or family member
- develop healthy relationships with food, fitness, and self image
- explore spiritual questions, concerns
- resolve career issues, grow through transitions
COVID-19 - currently counseling via Telehealth: read more
For your health safety, I currently conduct individual and couple sessions using Telehealth. Telehealth is when the counselor and client(s) are located in physically separate locations and connect via secure, HIPPA-compliant videoconference. Couples can be in two different locations.
Clients have found counseling this way to be convenient and effective. All you need to connect is a space for private conversation and a device (phone, tablet, computer) with a solid connection.
soul care/spiritual direction
In soul care, Kathi journeys with you - helping you cultivate a fuller awareness of yourself and God; growing your relationship with Him. This investment is valuable and often transformative for anyone who longs to grow in self awareness and more fully see what God may be up to in your story. This is also a sacred space - where you'll experience being with God in new ways. Fruit of this time often includes...
- fuller understanding of what scripture reveals about God and you
- seeing things you're not able to see on your own
- fuller intimacy with God
- fuller peace in relationships
- clarity in life decisions and transitions
- deeper inner rest (Matthew 11:25-30)
Kathi has completed a certification program that trains spiritual directors in using the Enneagram as a guide for inner growth.
spiritual growth workshops/retreats
Guide small and large groups in learning and experiencing spiritual disciplines and exploring personal spiritual growth. Customize experience based on your group's desires, needs.
Help you create and adjust to a personalized wellness plan, considering the balance of all aspects of your life. Includes discerning fitness options that would be most helpful for you.
Rooted in Christ, a gracious practice that cultivates spiritual growth + balanced physical wellness. Integrated with counseling/soul care as desired.
…our inner person is being renewed day by day
2 Corinthians 4:16