a safe space to unravel what’s not right, heal, and grow
is anchored in a life-long pursuit of the Father’s heart – and His progressive revelation of truth about Him and me.
After 14 years of corporate roles helping leaders and teams grow and navigate change, I had learned a lot. But, holding life’s weight, my inner person was suffering. I received the gift to step away…and entered a long soul-forming season in the wilderness.
Over these years, the Father’s grace through many surrendered others helped get me on a path of being renewed – caring for my whole person through…
- counseling – safe place to explore my heart, uncovering what I needed help seeing
- deep discipleship – progressive understanding of God’s heart and what He is up to as revealed in His Word
- spiritual disciplines – means of opening to God’s grace – including spiritual directionA spiritual director is a companion, with experience attending to his/her own journey with Christ, listening prayerfully and deeply to your story with a focus of increasing your awareness and experience of God in your life. Fruit of this journeying is a deeper, more intimate relationship with Christ.
- physical wellness – resiliency, strength + vitality fostered through healthy nutrition and balanced exercise
I often say our ministry is birthed through our story. That’s true for me.
It can be valuable to bring these ways of growing together to heal and grow.
We are perfectly created and known as whole persons (Genesis 2, Psalm 139). And all afflicted by the brokenness of the Fall (Genesis 3).
It is possible to move toward wholeness – toward “being made new” (Revelation 21:5, 2 Corinthians 5:17). This is a growth journey, and is most fully experienced by caring for all of you – mind, soul, body.
If you are in a place of hurt or confusion when it comes to Jesus, Christianity or church – or in a place of seeking or unawareness, I’d especially value the gift of walking with you. I deeply respect you and your perspective. Whether or not we explore spirituality in our work is up to you.
I’ve been married for 22 years and graced with an 8 year-old son.
I’ve also had the gift of growing in a variety of contexts – all informing what I bring to care for you as needed.
- Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPCA) in North Carolina
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, MA Christian Counseling
- School of Spiritual Direction (Dr. Larry Crabb, Christ-centered Psychologist)
- Advanced School of Spiritual Direction (Dr. Larry Crabb)
- The Barnabas Center Counseling Model Training
- NICABM – Next Level Practitioner – advanced professional education on psychological + physical health integration
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), International Sports Sciences Association
- Registered Holy Yoga Instructor (R-HYI 225)
- Certified Prepare/Enrich Facilitator – couples’ relationship assessment and counseling approach
- Florida State University, MS Student Development
- University of Tennessee, BS Accounting
- Pfeiffer University, Personal Growth Counselor for Therapy Students
- Carolina Sweat, Wellness Coach
- Forest Hill Care & Counseling Center, Intern Counselor
- Bank of America, SVP, Leadership Development Manager
- Accenture, Manager, Organization Development Consulting
- First Union, Human Resources Generalist
- Florida State University, Assistant Director of Student Orientation
- KPMG Peat Marwick, CPA
I have experience helping teens, adults, couples…
- restore wholeness after trauma (recent or past, including childhood)
- emerge through grief after loss
- discover roots of, manage, and resolve stress, anxiety, depression
- grow through life-stage transitions
- feel known in and emerge through loneliness
- heal troubled relationships, including those impacted by addiction, abuse
- prepare for realities of marriage (pre-marital counseling)
- heal, strengthen marriages
- recover after affair, divorce
- grieve, heal and discern path with infertility, miscarriage
- adjust well as a family when adopting a child
- discern well through challenges in parenting
- adjust well to caring for children with developmental challenges
- adjust when impacted by disability - self or family member
- explore spiritual questions, concerns
- resolve career issues, grow through transitions
It is a gift to offer a safe space to care for you, helping you grow and maintain vitality as you care for others.
Ministry + business leaders need a confidential space to be fully real and explore all you hold as persons and leaders. You carry a lot and take care of others – but usually have no safe place for you. What you hold and how you hold it affects your life + how you lead. Investing in self-care and growth will strengthen your clarity and vitality – with downstream positive impacts on your team and results.
help leaders/teams navigate challenges; design/facilitate experiences to cultivate growth and positive forward movement
help you create and adjust to a personalized wellness plan, considering the balance of all aspects of your life.
journey with you, helping you cultivate a fuller awareness of yourself and God; growing your relationship with Him.
rooted in Christ, a gracious practice that cultivates spiritual growth + balanced physical wellness. Integrated with counseling as desired/needed.
…our inner person is being renewed day by day
2 Corinthians 4:16
I am thankful you are exploring caring for you. That’s a significant step - leading to a journey that will bear fruit.
Thankful to explore journeying with you. I’ll be in touch soon.