opening to wholeness, rooted in Christ
is anchored in a life-long pursuit of God’s heart as revealed in scripture – and His progressive revelation of truth about Him and me.
After 14 years of corporate roles helping leaders and teams grow and navigate change, I had learned a lot. But, holding life’s weight, my inner person was suffering. I received the gift to step away…and entered a long soul-forming season.
Over these years, the Father’s grace through many surrendered others helped get me on a path of being renewed – caring for my whole person through…
- counseling – safe place to explore my heart, uncovering what I needed help seeing
- deep discipleship – progressive understanding of God’s heart and what He is up to as revealed in His Word
- soul care – means of opening to God’s grace – including spiritual companionshipA spiritual companion is someone, with experience attending to his/her own journey with Christ, listening prayerfully and deeply to your story with a focus of increasing your awareness and experience of God in your life. Fruit of this experience is a deeper, more intimate relationship with Christ.
- physical wellness – integration, strength + vitality fostered through healthy nutrition and balanced exercise.
I often say our ministry is birthed through our story.
It can be transformative to bring these ways together to heal and grow.
We all are perfectly created and known as whole persons (Genesis 2, Psalm 139). And all afflicted by the brokenness of the Fall (Genesis 3) – often in ways we can’t see.
It is possible to move toward greater wholeness from wherever you are today. To experience “being made new” (Revelation 21:5, 2 Corinthians 5:17). This is a growth journey – and is most fully experienced as you open to the right care for your whole person – mind, soul, body.
If you are in a place of hurt or confusion when it comes to Jesus, Christianity or church – or in a place of seeking or unawareness, I’d especially value the gift of walking with you. I deeply respect you and your perspective. Whether or not we explore spirituality in our work is up to you.
I’ve been married for 23 years and graced with a 9 year-old son.
I’ve also had the gift of growing in a variety of contexts – all informing what I bring to care for you as needed.
- Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPCA) in North Carolina
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, MA Christian Counseling
- School of Spiritual Direction (Dr. Larry Crabb, Christ-centered Psychologist)
- Advanced School of Spiritual Direction (Dr. Larry Crabb)
- The Barnabas Center Counseling Model Training
- NICABM – Next Level Practitioner – advanced professional education on psychological + physical health integration
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), International Sports Sciences Association
- Registered Holy Yoga Instructor (R-HYI 225)
- Certified Prepare/Enrich Facilitator – couples’ relationship assessment and counseling approach
- Florida State University, MS Student Development
- University of Tennessee, BS Accounting
- Pfeiffer University, Personal Growth Counselor for Therapy Students
- Carolina Sweat, Wellness Coach
- Forest Hill Care & Counseling Center, Intern Counselor
- Bank of America, SVP, Leadership Development Manager
- Accenture, Manager, Organization Development Consulting
- First Union, Human Resources Generalist
- Florida State University, Assistant Director of Student Orientation
- KPMG Peat Marwick, CPA
I have experience helping teens, adults, couples…
- restore wholeness after trauma (recent or past, including childhood)
- emerge through grief after loss
- discover roots of, manage, and resolve stress, anxiety, depression
- heal troubled relationships, including those impacted by betrayal, addiction, abuse
- prepare for realities of marriage (pre-marital counseling)
- heal, strengthen marriages
- recover after affair, divorce
- grow through life-stage transitions
- feel known in and emerge through loneliness
- discover rest, fulfillment in living as a single
- grieve, heal and discern path with infertility, miscarriage
- adjust well as a family when adopting a child
- discern well through challenges in parenting
- adjust well to caring for children with developmental challenges
- adjust when impacted by disability - self or family member
- explore spiritual questions, concerns
- resolve career issues, grow through transitions
soul care/exploring your story
Journey with you, helping you cultivate a fuller awareness of yourself and God; growing your relationship with Him. This investment is valuable and often transformative for anyone who longs to grow in self awareness and more fully explore your story - and what God may be up to in it.
This is a sacred space - where you'll experience exploring your soul while being with God in new ways. Fruit of this time often includes...
- fuller understanding of what scripture reveals about God and you
- seeing things you're not able to see on your own
- fuller intimacy with God
- fuller peace in relationships
- clarity in life decisions and transitions
- deeper inner rest (Matthew 11:25-30)
leader soul care/exploring your story
Ministry + business leaders need a confidential space to be fully real and explore your heart as persons and leaders. Your responsibility is great and you take care of others – but you may have no safe space for you. Investing in exploring your soul and story will grow your self awareness, deepen inner rest, and strengthen your clarity and vitality. This will positively impact all of your relationships, personal and professional - and directly influence how you lead.
ministry team health/growth
help leaders/teams navigate challenges; design/facilitate experiences to cultivate growth and positive forward movement
help you create and adjust to a personalized wellness plan, considering the balance of all aspects of your life.
rooted in Christ, a gracious practice that cultivates spiritual growth + balanced physical wellness. Integrated with counseling/soul care as desired/needed.
…our inner person is being renewed day by day
2 Corinthians 4:16